Friday 7 May 2010

Unexpected Charity

I will be getting the train to Derby for the start of the Pennine Cycleway ride on 03 July and so will commence cycling about 11.00 hrs. As I want to finish the whole ride by Friday 09 July I need to complete an average of 50 miles per day and I have worked out where I will roughly end each day and checked out accommodation in the area. No real problems except the first day as I end in Whaley Bridge and have not been able to find a local campsite. I emailed a B&B in the area - Spire House - to see if I might be able to throw a tent up in their garden (and pay for the pitch of course). This is their reply:
Dear Darrell
We do have a large garden but it is not very suitable for a tent. We would however be prepared to give you a free night bed and breakfast and packed lunch in support of your charity. Let me know if this would be of help and not affect your challenge. If you want to take up the offer let me know as soon as possible because we get booked up very quickly and have only one room left for July 3rd.
Hope this helps.
Hilary Lomax
Needless to say I have taken Hilary up on her kind offer and will be giving the money I would have spent on a pitch and lunch to the Marfan Trust instead. Thanks ever so much Hilary for you generous act. It's great to find how charitable complete strangers can be and it's one of the lovely things about doing this sponsored ride

No comments:

Post a Comment