Wednesday 15 June 2011

Brotherly Love Tour Preparation

Well the panniers are packed and I'm ready to go. Will be staying at my brother's house tonight and we will catch the train at 07.30hrs up to Oxenholme tomorrow.

I'm lending my smaller (front) pair of panniers to the bro and just using my rear panniers and a bar bag. No camping/cooking gear but I am going to take a couple of extra camera lenses along as I have the space and will also have the time to use them.

For location use I am going to try out the new phone with GPS and google maps. I'm hopeful it will be give better detail in towns/built areas where I need it. The SatMap is great but the 1:50,000 OS map is really best suited to hill walking than road navigation. If it works out then that will be one less item to carry and charge in future.

I will also be using the phone to update the blog as I go courtesy of a Twitter widget and may even post a proper blog entry with pic/s if I can.

The weather forecast is looking OK(ish) for Thursday but not nice at all for Friday. Ah well, we'll just have to see what comes our way and dress accordingly. Hope to get some more video footage than the last trip though!

No comments:

Post a Comment