Thursday 3 November 2011

Speaking Double Dutch


A recent post on the Guardian Bike Blog about Dutch Cycling Infrastructure lured me in with it's heading:  There's more to 'going Dutch' than having a separate cycling lane. I use the word lured because while it made me think this might be a piece about how the Dutch have an integrated transport policy with cycling at it's core in comparison to the woeful planning and infrastructure we endure in the UK, it turned out to be an excuse for why we don't really need Dutch style infrastructure and should put up with more second rate stuff with some tinkering at the edges as far as I can see. 

It has provoked a fair few eloquent responses from better/more energetic bloggers than I so my response is simply to collate the ones I have read for your perusal. They all make interesting reading. If you know of any more then please let me know and I will add them to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment