Monday 22 February 2010

A Cycle Commuter Route?


Following my recent entry about National Route 6 I got into conversation with a local cyclist who also has a blog. I made the point the route was an enjoyable ride but could not be considered a suitable commuter route for most cyclists. I think this video demonstrates why most people wanting to commute between Manchester/Salford and Radcliffe/Bury would not choose to use it on a regular basis.

The video was taken on 17 Feb 2010. It had not been raining along the path that day but had done so slightly (for Manchester) the day before. I ended the ride covered in mud and had to remove my chain to adequately clean the transmission.

Other sections are of better quality and while it does offer a reasonably direct, car free route with only a moderate gradient it is a shame this section negates the overall user experience from a commuting stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment