Saturday 30 July 2011

Fully Focused

Done about 35 miles on the Focus Cayo 2.0 test bike to date. I've now got it well set up for me and it is a lovely, lovely ride. I thought about using it today when I went out with the family but that would have meant leaving it on the car for 3-4 hrs and chancing the weather. I decided to take the Travelmaster instead for a 15 mile return cycle from Hollingsworth Lake.

The bike will be packed up and returned next week. If I continue using it it's going to get scratched or blemished and then I would have to keep it. I think it may well be the bike I get in the end but I want to try a few out first and anyway, I can only spend what I lose - 1 kg = £100.00. So far I can only afford £300.00.

A few things have been confirmed. I know I'm more than happy with a compact ring rather than triple and have got used to integrated brakes and shifters. I've also found the correct position for the handlebar for me (it's a small sweetspot!). For the next test bike I'll choose one with 105 groupset rather than Ultegra. For the fun/club riding I intend I very much doubt, for me, that Ultegra is worth the extra premium. But I'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment