Tuesday 4 May 2010

Destination Foulridge

Went for a training ride with full touring kit the other day. Didn't quite manage the 40 miles as I'd hoped because the route took me to a relatives house where I stopped for tea and cakes and met the wife and child for the return car journey.

Some of the ride was very steep and I did have to get off and push a couple of sections between Hebden Bridge and Heptonstall which obviously brought the average speed down a bit. Still, although I was passed by some roadies going up the hill towards Blackstone Edge they didn't open up a huge gap and I was happy with the progress I was able to make.  

The bike feels great and just as importantly I felt fine at the end as well. I could easily have managed another 15-20 miles that day and have stopped with loads of time to make camp. The next day didn't bring any aches and pains either. All bodes well for 03 July!

Total distance 36 miles

Total height gained 3269 feet

Average speed 10.2 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment